How to create and setup a Business Manager Account for your online store
Jumpseller Facebook App
To setup your business on Facebook, you need to create a Business Manager Account. In this article, we take you through the steps necessary to getting started on importing your online store's catalogue to Facebook.
- Facebook Business manager
- Facebook Pixel
- Configure the App for Your Store
- Frequently Asked Questions
Facebook Business Manager
Business Manager is a Facebook tool that helps organize and manage your business.
You need a personal Facebook profile to create a Business Manager account. You use your personal Facebook username and password to sign into Business Manager. It's a more secure way to log in than with just an email address and password.
Creating a Business Manager Account
- Access https://business.facebook.com and click Create Account.
- Log Into Facebook if the prompt comes up. Use the credentials to your personal Facebook account.
Add your Business Details
At this point you will need to enter some details about your business.
- Business Name This is the name of your business. It will be visible publicly across Facebook and cannot contain special characters.
- Your Name and Business Email Here you should enter your name and the email address you use to conduct company business. Notifications about your business will be sent to this address.
Clicking Next will take you to the next step of entering your business information. At this point you will need to enter details such as the address you operate from and your business website.
You also need to specify if your business account will be primarily used to promote its own goods or services or to provide services to other businesses.
Once all the details are entered, click Submit and the business manager account will be created. Note that you will be requested to confirm your email address in order to obtain full access to your account.
Associate a Page to your Business Manager Account
Now that you have created a Manager Account for your Business, you need to associate a Facebook Page to it. It is recommended that at this point you have already created a Facebook Page for your account. How do I create a Facebook page?
Click on Add Page to get started on this part.
You will now be asked if you wish to add a Page that you manage yourself to your business manager, add someone else's page (for this option you need to obtain access to the desired page) or create a new one. Assuming you have access to your business's Facebook Page, click Add Page.
You will now be asked to enter the name or URL of your page. As you start typing, Facebook will search for your page. Choose the correct one and confirm by clicking Add Page. This will associate your Facebook Page to your business account.
Add an Ad Account to your Business Manager Account
Now that you have associated your Page to your Business Manager Account, the same should be done for your Ad Account. From your business account overview, head to Add Ad Account.
Similarly to the previous step, you now have 3 options as to how you want to add an Ad Account.
- Add Ad Account Adding an ad account moves it permanently into Business Manager. You must be the owner of the ad account to do this. Please note, once you add an ad account and it's moved into your Business Manager, this action can't be reversed. All management of your ad account must be completed within your Business Manager profile.
- Request Access to Ad Account This means requesting access to an existing Ad Account on Business Manager. The administrator of that Business Manager can give you access to work on it.
- Create a New Ad Account If you create a new ad account in Business Manager, it'll permanently belong to that Business Manager.
If you choose to associate an existing Ad Account, you will need to enter its Account ID. To create a new Ad Account you will need to enter the name of the account as well as payment, timezone and currency information.
After selecting or creating your Ad Account, follow the presented steps in order to give your Business Manager Account access to work on it.
The Facebook pixel is a piece of code that's placed on your website to report conversions, build audiences and get insights about how people are using your website.
To create a Pixel for your business, start by, from the Business Manager Menu, heading to the Events Manager.
Once there, under Data Sources, you will find the option to create a pixel for your business.
To create the Pixel, you only need to name it and, optionally, add your website URL.
Once the pixel is created, you need to assign someone to it.
To do this, start by heading to Business Settings.
Your newly-created Pixel can now be found under Data Sources.
Select your Pixel and, under the People tab, click Add People.
Choose yourself, the Business Manager Account administrator (this will be the only listed person if you haven't added any others) and turn on the switch labeled Manage Pixel and click Assign.
This will give you full access to the Pixel and its actions.
Once the pixel is created and people have been added to it, you need to associate it to your business' Ad Account.
Having selected your Pixel in Data Sources, go to Connected Assets and click Add Assets. This is where you will associate your Pixel to your Ad Account.
From the Add Assets menu, select your Add Account and press Add.
Your Ad Account is now connected to the Pixel and you should see it in the Connected Assets list.
You are now ready to start using the Facebook App. Learn more about it at the main article for it.
We are here to help, so if you have any questions you may contact us anytime.